OUR MISSION: Calvary Chapel Columbia exists to equip the saints for ministry, maturity, unity, and the building up of the body of Christ.
OUR VISION: GROW, GO, GIVE
GROW: We are called to mature in our relationship with God (Hebrews 6:1-2). The word of God is our growth catalyst. It is how we build ourselves up. We teach people the Word of God in our services, home fellowships, etc. so they can be equipped for the work of the ministry!
GO: We are called to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), to GO into all the world and make disciples. That means we are called to share the Gospel with lost people. Jesus came for the sick so that they could be made well.
GIVE: We are called to offer up our time, talents and finances for kingdom work as our worship to God. It’s our reasonable service (Heb 12:2). God doesn’t want us to do this flippantly or under compulsion, but cheerfully (2 Cor 9:6).
1. Glorification: We commit to making the glorification of the Lord our chief end (1 Cor. 10:31; Col. 3:17; 1 Peter 4:11). We commit to doing whatever it takes, for however long it takes, to ensure Jesus gets the maximum glory from our lives.
2. Identification: We commit to finding our personal identity in Christ and not in a title, whether it be in the world or the church (Col 3:3; Gal. 2:20; Gal. 3:28).
3. Magnification: We commit to using our gifts and talents from the Lord for magnifying our King, Jesus! Each of us have been given gifts from the Holy Spirit for the purpose of magnifying the presence of God in our midst (1 Cor. chapters 12-14; Mark 16:17-18; Acts 10:46). We commit to the exercising of these gifts, in accordance with scripture, in serving one another for the sole purpose of magnifying the Lord.
4. Multiplication: We commit to making disciples for Jesus in and outside of the church walls (Matt. 28:18-20; Matt. 13:52). Telling others about the love of Jesus is a privilege not a chore.
5. Reconciliation: in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2, 8:58 and 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8).
6. Maturation: We commit to growing spiritually in the grace and knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ (2 Pet. 3:18; 1 Pet. 2:2; Eph. 4:14-15; Col. 1:10).
7. Participation: We commit to Koinonia, the close association and fellowship with one another inside and outside of the walls of the church (Acts 2:42; Gal. 2:9; 1 Jn. 1:3).
8. Contribution: We commit to sowing financially to the building of the kingdom of God with a heart of gratitude and obedience not by compulsion (2 Cor. 9:6-7; Exo. 25:2).